Marching Band “Madah Bahana”
UI Marching Band (MBUI) has performed in various national and international events. MBUI has also won several awards. Some of the national events are as follows:
- Sister City Sport Events in 1996
- The opening of Student Baskeball League (Libama) in 1997
- Bimanatara One-Week Sport Events in 1997
- The celebration of Cooperative Day Anniversary in 1997
- Decoration Car Campaign in 1997
- A member of Jakarta Development Campaign in 1997
- The Opening Ceremony of Reformation Reflections at the university in 1998
- The opening of Jakarta’s Great Week in 1998
- EPSON Company Profile in 1999
- Hamengkubuwono Cup in 1999
The international events that MBUI has taken part are as follows:
- World Music Contest in Kerkrade in the Netherlands in 1997
- Culture Mission in Rotterdam and Den Haag, in the Netherlands and Paris, France in 1997
[/Icon List]Regular practices take place on Sundays from 10 am t0 5 pm at UI Gymnasium. Homepage: http://www.madahbahana.org/
Symphony Orchestra “Mahawaditra”
UI Mahawaditra Symphony Orchestra, called Mahawaditra meaning “Great Voice”, was established on June 11, 1983. The members of the orchestra are the students, both those who are able to play musical instrument and those who have basic knowledge of learning how to play it.The performances that the orchestra have played are as follows:
- Mahawaditra Evening Musical Recitation I in 1997
- National Children-Day Concert lively broadcasted by TPI in Jakarta in 1997
- Mahawaditra Evening Musical Recitation II in Jakarta in 1998
- Optimis Concert celebrating the 15th anniversary of Mahawaditra in 1998
- The Opening Ceremony of Mitra Budaya Gallery in cooperation with Ensembel Gita Samitra in 1998
Regular practices take place on Saturdays, at 2 pm, at Salemba Student Hall.
Students Choir “Paragita”
UI Student Choir (Paragita) was founded on January 13, 1983. The name of Paragita was given by Prof. Dr. Nugroho Notosusanto (he was the rector, then). It means the great voice. For 18 years, Paragita has gained both nationally and internationally prestigious achievements. Paragita has proved that it is one of the best choirs in Indonesia due to its skillful players who have played classical and modern, traditional and popular music. At the present time, Paragita is under the management of Aning Katamsi A. Some of UI Paragita achievements are as follows:
- The first winner of Folk Song (1996)
- The third winner of Choir Competation in International Chorwettbewerb in Miltenberg, Germany, in 1996
- The first winner of Java-Bali ITB Choir Competition in Bandung in 1998
Paragita often conducts single concerts or those with other national and international choirs and orchestras.It also has performances in various activities, among others conferences, official performances, exhibitions, anniversaries of various institutions, national conferences, wedding parties, as fillers of advertisements, TV programmes, and others. Regular practices take place on Sundays, from 11 am at Salemba Student Hall.
Homepage : paragita.ui.ac.id
Students Dance League “Krida Budaya”
Kriya Budaya UI Student Dance League was established according to the decree of UI Rector dated on February 17, 1983. This is the student organization focusing on regional, contemporary and modern dances. Some of national and international events that this organization has joined are as follows:
- Student Dance Festival in Padang Panjang in 1996
- The Opening Ceremony of National One-week Sports XIV in Jakarta in 1996
- Anniversary of Youth Pledge Day in 1996
- Student Arts Week (PEKSIMINAS) IV in Bandung in 1997
- National Art Festival in Padang Panjang in 1997
- Kriya Budaya Care Programme in Graha Bakti Budaya in Jakarta in1998
- UNFREL Fund Night at Hotel Indonesia in Jakarta in 1999
- Senandung Serumpun Programme in cooperation with TVRI-RTM Malaysia in 1996
- Jalinan Nada Programme in cooperation with TVRI-TV Brunai in 1996
There are some achievements this league has got, among others the general best winner, the best of dance arrangement, the best man and woman dancers at National Student Dance Festival in Padang Panjang (ASKI) in 1996, the second winners of Student Arts Week (PEKSIMINAS) IV and Batavia Modern Art Festival in 1998, and the first winner of new-student Art Festival Regional A In Padang in 1998.
Routine practices take place on Sundays, at 11 am at Salemba Student Hall.
UI Theatre originally was an idea of three students of UI Student Senate 1994/1995. They were Bagus H (chief of the organization), Aryo (Arts Coordinator) and B.C. Rikrik Rizkiana ( a member of Environment and Society Development Commission), aiming at channeling theatrical interests of the students who have not joined the theatres in several faculties. UI Theatre has performed several theatrical activities as follows:
- The performances of Syndrome Thekananimus Bhatinicus at Faculty of Law, UI
- Bayang-bayang (shadows) at IPB Bogor
- Sidi Potat (A Great Man, taken from Misbach Yuarin’s) at DKI Jakarta Student Theatre Arts Week
- ADUH, taken from Putu Wijaya’s at DKI Jaya Student Theatre Festival at Luwes_IKJ and Arena-IKJ
- A one-day UI theatre seminar of “Women on Screen” at Centre for Japanese Studies, Faculty of Letters
- Campus Tour at several faculties
- UI Theatre Member Workshop at Cipanas
- Member of ASEAN Theatre Festival in Brunai Darussalam in 1997 with the title of “Topeng” (Mask) by Ikranagara
- Its achievements are as follows: the first winners of DKI Jakarta Student Theatre Festival in 1995 and of National Student Arts Week in 1995.
Routine practices are on Sundays, at 11:00 at Salemba Student Hall.
Voice of UI Students
UI student magazine Voice of UI Students or “Suara Mahasiswa”, set up on 27 June 1992, is a university activity unit focusing on the publication managed by the students. The magazine contains both UI-related news and other university sources.
Other activities are photo exhibitions and seminars , among others:
- “Saksi Seputar Aksi” Photo Exhibition on photography and discussions on press freedom in Indonesia at Bentara Budaya, Jakarta.
- A participant of “Saksi Seputar Saksi” Photo Exhibition in cooperation with Sanata Dharma University at Purna Budaya, Yogyakarta.
- Seminar on Sex Freedom at Mass Media: A Neglected Agenda, at AJB FISIP-UI room, Depok.
- Indonesia-Australia Student Conference, conducted at UI Conference Building (Balai Sidang UI) in Depok.
Secretariat: 2nd Floor, Pusgiwa, UI