“Winter Seminar on Human Security Development and Energy Science” is co-organised by the Graduate School of Energy Science (GSES) of Kyoto University and the ASEAN University Network-Kyoto University (AUN-KU) Student Mobility Program toward Human Security Development. It is designed for undergraduate students to study the concept of Human Security Development (HSD) and Energy Science. The main theme of this seminar is energy science, which is an important issue for Human Security Development. The participating students are expected to expand and deepen their knowledge on human security development and energy science with the prospect of exploring solutions to technological, socio-economic and political issues, focusing on the Asian region. The seminar will offer lectures and class discussions as well as organised field trips and networking events. Applicants from all fields are welcome.
Date & Venue
8 – 20 January 2018 at Kyoto University, Japan.
Criteria and eligibility
- Undergraduate students from AUN member universities
- The number to be admitted: 20 students (15 with JASSO scholarship eligibility and 5 with non-scholarship)
- Participation fee: JPY 10,000 This fee includes field studies, and other necessary expenses during the seminar. All participants should pay this fee in cash in JPY on the first day of the seminar.
- Participants are also required to organise and pay the following costs:
- A round-trip flight ticket
- Travel expenses between the airport (e.g. Kansai International Airport, Osaka International Airport (Itami)) and Kyoto.
- Fees related to visa applications
- Travel insurance
- Cost of meals
- Kyoto University will reserve a hotel for all participants. (Accommodation costs are covered by the programme)
The 15 applicants as selected by the programme committee will be eligible for a scholarship from JASSO (Japan Student Services Organization). The amount of this scholarship is JPY 80,000 per person (tentative).
Deadline for Submission: 15 September 2017
Applicant shall submit the application package directly to ASEAN University Network via Ms. Pasita Marukee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Form below: