Student Regiment UI Batalion “Wira Makara”
As well as their participation in regular training programmes, a member is actively involved in other activities, among others taking care of the entry tests of the state-owned universities, Diploma-3 programmes, polytechnics, the graduation days and others. To develop the staff members of the corps, Kowala UI conducts some activities in cooperation with relevant institutions, for example, shootings and bomb training (handling techniques) in order to improve awareness of national defense and security.To underpin one of the security factors for the society, Kowala UI members get the first-aid and security and search training. Therefore, the members are expected to help the society to deal with natural disasters or accidents. Equally, the members get outbound training to improve their leadership and managerial skills. Routine activities are run on Sundays or UI holidays.
MAPALA UI was officially established on 12 December 1964. This organization, initially called MAPALA Prajnaparamita, was the student association loving environment of the Faculty of Letters, Universitas Indonesia. It has 600 members. This number is considered to have few ones compared to its age, 36 years old. Besides routine activities, there are many activities MAPALA has done, among others:
- Expeditions of Watu Lingga Hiking in Esat Java in 1996
- Bampapung Expedition (Women Team) in South Sulawesi in 1997
- Lawe Slope in Central Java in 1998
- Rafting Expeditions of Batang Merangin River in Jambi in 1996, and of Cibareno River in West Java in 1998
- Trace Expeditions of Wonogiri Karst Cave in Central Java, and of Tasikmalaya Karst in 1998
- Bali Diving Expedition in 1996, and Wallace Operation in 1997
- Ujung Kulon Environmental Observation in 1996, Centre for Kalimantan Forestry Fire, Tandjung Putting National Garden in Central Kalimantan, and Kutai National Garden in East Kalimantan (in cooperation with Konphalindo in 1997 and 1998)
- UI city forest (in cooperation with Kehati in 1998-1999)
Homepage : http://www.mapalaui.info/
Secretariat: Floor 1 Pusgiwa UI Depok.