The ACYLS is an initiative put forward by Chinese Premier Li Keqiang and echoed by all ASEAN leaders at the 21st ASEAN-China Summit in 2018. It enables ASEAN nationals to pursue post-graduate studies and training opportunities in China, thus enhancing ASEAN’s capacity building and promoting academic and vocation exchanges between China and ASEAN. The Chinese government, through the China Mission to ASEAN in cooperation with the Joint Committee in Jakarta, offers 40 full scholarships for AUN member and associate member universities for the ACYLS 2020.
Deadline 22 April 2020
The 2020 ACYLS intake includes the award for:
– 10 Master’s degree program
– 10 Doctoral degree program
– 20 One-semester research scholar program
ACYLS offers full scholarship covering all program-related expenses including a tuition waiver and other school fees, accommodation, round-trip international airfare, comprehensive medical insurance, and stipends.
Applicants of ACYLS should meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of 10 ASEAN Member States;
- In sound physical and mental health;
- Proficient in English (i.e., must possess an IELTS score of at least 6.0 or a TOEFL score of at least 80 points);
- Holder of an undergraduate degree and under the age of 45 if applying for a master’s degree;
- Holder of a graduate/master’s degree and under the age of 45 if applying for a Ph.D. degree;
- Holder of at least an undergraduate degree if applying for the short-term research program;
- Having at least one-year work experience within government agencies, public or private institutions, universities, think-tanks or similar social agencies
How to apply:
Applicants have to complete an online application at http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Scholarship Application for Students” to log in. Please submit the hard copy of the documents required to International Office UI no later than 22 April 2020.
The scholarship information will be available on the home page of the AUN website by 24 February 2020.
Click here to download the ACYLS Guidebook