l Stay duration 17 months including pre-session
l Degree Master of Arts in Social Studies (Civil Society Leadership)
l Number of Participants per year 15
l Training Institute: Graduate School of International Studies (GSIS), Ajou University
l Objectives Meet the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals
1. To help the capacity development of young or mid-level civil society leaders of the partner countries of Korea
2. To provide graduate-level education to the civil society organization leaders with civil society organizations in economic and social development
3. To share the Korean experience of the development of civil society organizations
4. To provide the international platform for civil society leaders to connect, exchange, collaborate and cooperate
5. To contribute to the sound, robust, sustainable, and balanced development of Asian countries by raising the capacity of the leaders of civil society who will assume critical roles in promoting, facilitating, and delivering the services for the accomplishment of social and economic development goals such as UN SDGs
Apply Now! 2021 KOICA-Ajou Master’s Degree Program in Civil Society Leadership
1. Program Title: 2021 KOICA-Ajou Master’s Degree Program in
Civil Society Leadership
2. Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia,
Lao PDR, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, the Philippines, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
3. Affiliation: Be a member of well-respected civil society organizations (CSO)
with a minimum of 2 years of experience: applicants must provide two recommendation letters
written by someone in each of the following two categories:
1) a senior member of your organization, an UN-associated organization,
or other global civil society organization; and
2) a senior member of your government office, Korean Embassy or
the KOICA Overseas Office within your region.
4. Application Guideline & Program Information:
5. Application Deadline: Monday, April 5, 2021
[to KOICA overseas offices. (Applicants in India to Embassy of Korea)]
Important Notes for KOICA-AJOU Scholarship Applicants
1. All forms should be typed in English and all the supporting documents should be in English.
Documents in any other language should be accompanied by a notarized English translation.
2. Original documents should be submitted. (If they are unavailable, ask Korean Embassy about notarizing
the documents before submitting them)
3. If any of the submitted materials contain false information, admission will be rescinded.
4. Applicants whose forms and supporting documents are incomplete or unsatisfactory will be disqualified from the admission process.
5. Applicants should take full responsibility for any disadvantage due to the omissions or mistakes in the application.
6. Be sure to make and keep photocopies of all submitted documents and completed forms as AJOU GSIS will not return any submitted documents to the applicant.
The following expenses will be covered by KOICA during the participant’s stay in Korea.
– Tuition & Admission fee
– Accommodation (on-campus dormitory; double occupancy)
– Allowance: KRW 999,000 per month (to cover the meal, books and study supplies, etc.)
– Overseas travel insurance, etc.
KOICA-AJOU Civil Society Leadership Program_Brochure (Download )
KOICA-AJOU Civil Society Leadership Program Curriculum & Credit Information (Download )
Graduate School of International Studies (GSIS), Ajou University
206 Worldcup-ro, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si 16499 Republic of Korea
Tel +82-31-219-1552, 1555, 3596~7, 3613