The ASEAN University Network (AUN) in cooperation with the AUN-CA Secretariat (De La Salle University) and the Philippine’s Commission on Higher Education would like to invite your artist-teachers and student artists, to participate in AUN-CA’s Crosslight Arts Festival which will be held in July 2021 through various virtual platforms. Considering today’s evolving creative industries and campus environment, AUN-CA’s “Crosslight” Arts Festival will provide opportunities for cultural officers, arts administrators, artistic directors, arts organizations, and student artists to strengthen the ASEAN+3 identity through collaboration through a design arts exhibit, performance showcase and film festival.
The Crosslight Design Art Exhibit shall serve as a platform for STUDENTS AND TEACHERS of AUN+3 member universities to share and foster a deeper understanding of each country’s culture. Entries in various forms of design (i.e. visual communication design, environmental design, product design, industrial design, and costume design), should feature the people, place, art, and heritage of their respective countries or any innovative/artistic response to the present pandemic situation. The exhibit will be mounted at the AUNCA Facebook page and at the AUN Website- AUNCA link.
Guidelines for Submission:
• 3 to 5 original artworks from each university shall be accepted (in the genres of drawings, prints, digital photography, and digital art). The artworks should have been done within the period of March 2020 to the present.
* The official university representative should compile all their entries and requirements into 1 folder, for sending to AUNCA. The artists should not directly send their entries to the organizers.
• High-resolution digital files of the artworks should be submitted electronically, (at least 300 dpi, 8”x 10”), to email@example.com, bearing the subject: “Design Art Exhibit Proposal”. Files must bear the artist’s surname in uppercase letters, followed by his or her given names in lower case letters, and shortened title (e.g., SANTIAGOjoseOcean).
• Upon submission, the artist and the university representative will receive an email confirmation with a reference number. The reference number will be used in all future correspondence in connection with the exhibit.
• If the artwork is accepted, the artist must fill up and sign the authorization to publish the artwork for a virtual exhibit. If the authorization is not accomplished, the artist forfeits his/her chance of participating in the exhibit.
In this regard, we would also seek your kind cooperation in filling out this online registration form for the DESIGN ART EXHIBIT by 15 June 2021.
Participation in the DESIGN ART EXHIBIT is FREE for AUN/ AUN-CA members. Should you wish to be a member of AUN-CA, please get in touch with Ms. Glorife Samodio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the CROSSLIGHT events, please check out: https://www.facebook.com/aunculturearts.