The ASEAN University Network (AUN) in cooperation with the AUN-CA Secretariat (De La Salle University) and the Philippine’s Commission on Higher Education would like to invite your artist-teachers and student artists, to participate in AUN-CA’s Crosslight Arts Festival which will be held in July 2021 through various virtual platforms. Considering today’s evolving creative industries and campus environment, AUN-CA’s “Crosslight” Arts Festival will provide opportunities for cultural officers, arts administrators, artistic directors, arts organizations, and student artists to strengthen the ASEAN+3 identity through collaboration through a design arts exhibit, performance and film festival.
The Crosslight Performance Showcase shall serve as a platform for STUDENTS AND TEACHERS of AUN+3 member universities to share and foster a deeper understanding of each country’s culture. The performance entry should feature the culture and heritage of their respective countries or any innovative/artistic response to the present pandemic situation. The showcase will be mounted at the AUNCA Facebook page, AUN Youtube Channel, and the AUN Website- AUNCA link.
Guidelines for Submission:
• 1 performance entry from each university will be accepted. The performance should have been recorded within the period of March 2020 to the present.
* The official university representative should compile all their entries and requirements into 1 folder, for sending to AUNCA. The performer should not directly send their entry to the organizers.
• Technical Specifications of the Film:
Resolution of 720p or 1080p – the video output should be widescreen (aspect ratio of 16:9) with a resolution of either 720p and 1080p. The 1080p resolution is highly suggested for the video output.
File format – MP4
Frame Rate of 24 FPS (frames per second)
Audio Sample Rate of 48 kHz
Length: 10 mins max
Any materials used within the performance, which is subject to intellectual property rights should have supporting documents that the creator/s have given their permission to be used by the filmmaker. The organizers reserve the right not to screen any accepted films with copyright issues as identified by the social media platforms.
• Upon submission, the performer and the university representative will receive an email confirmation with a reference number. The reference number will be used in all future correspondence in connection with the showcase.
• Upon confirmation of the performance entry, the performer must fill up and sign the authorization to publish the performance on the aforementioned social media platforms. If the authorization is not accomplished, the performer forfeits his/her chance of participating in the showcase.
In this regard, we would also seek your kind cooperation in filling out this online registration form for the PERFORMANCE SHOWCASE by 15 June 2021.
Participation in the PERFORMANCE SHOWCASE is FREE for AUN/ AUN-CA members. Should you wish to be a member of AUN-CA, please get in touch with Ms. Glorife Samodio at email@example.com.
For more information about the CROSSLIGHT events, please check out: https://www.facebook.com/aunculturearts.