8th SIGLOC-online: June 2021 for 4 weeks
9th SIGLOC-online: Sep 2021 for 2 weeks
As a school selected for the FY 2018 Inter-University Exchange Project of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan, Osaka City University (OCU) is implementing a Program to Develop Collaborative Social Innovators that uses Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL).
In this program, OCU offers Socially Innovative Global Classroom (SIGLOC) which is a collaborative educational program with overseas students.
SIGLOC is an intensive program in which students from different countries around the world enter “the field”, share their experiences, exchange opinions from different perspectives, and collaborate to create solutions to social issues.
Since 2020, OCU has conducted entirely online programs entitled SIGLOC-online to provide international education unaffected by COVID-19.
Characteristics of SIGLOC-online 2021
● SIGLOC-online 2021 will be held from June – July (8th SIGLOC) and in September (9th SIGLOC).
● The program contents are the same. (The 9th SIGLOC is intensive.)
● All participants will participate remotely from their own place during the entire period.
● Collaborative learning with multi-national participants
● Interaction with other participants in every session whether synchronously or asynchronously
● Conferral of a Certificate of Completion to the participants who meet the prescribed requirements
● For the 8th and 9th SIGLOCs, undergraduate or graduate students that are currently enrolled in a university except for those in Japan.
However, for the 9th SIGLOC, students that are enrolled in the following Japanese institutions are eligible to apply:
o Undergraduate: Osaka Prefecture University and Osaka Prefecture University College of Technology
o Graduate: Osaka City University and Osaka Prefecture University
● Those who understand the purpose of this program and are enthusiastic about participating.
● Sufficient English communication ability is required for non-native speakers of English.
● Those who can participate throughout the entire program.
● Those who can prepare a PC [not a mobile phone*] to work / study in this program.
*A mobile phone does not have enough capacity / functions to work collaboratively with other students.
● Those who can use an unlimited Internet network during the program, or those who can use a pre-paid Internet network and bear its cost for the program.
● Those (students) who can obtain approval to list their university’s faculty member or an advisor from their university as a reference.
● A student under the legal age of his / her country (e.g., 20 years old for Japanese students) needs to obtain the consent of his / her parent(s) or legal guardian.
● Those who can sign the agreement form after carefully reading the application form and the application guidelines.
How to Apply
Please fill in the required information and submit the corresponding application form.
Please be sure to use a Gmail address as your email address in the application form.
8th: Application Form (Deadline: June 10th, 2021)
9th: Application Form (Deadline: July 20th, 2021)
COIL Promotion Office, Osaka City University, Japan
SIGLOC Website: http://www.coil.osaka-cu.ac.jp/en/training/
Please click here