The Chinese Government Scholarship-AUN Program is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China for the ASEAN University Network (AUN) to support students, teachers, and scholars from ASEAN nations to study in China and to enhance the academic exchange and mutual understanding between China and ASEAN countries. There are 30 scholarships offered annually and it only supports graduates.
The China-AUN Scholarship Program provides a full scholarship that covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item on page 5 of Application Guidelines.
- Applicants must be a citizen of an ASEAN member country (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam), and be in good health.
- Applicants must be:
- A bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master programs;
- A master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
- Acquired IELTS or TOEFL when applying for English taught master or doctoral programs;
- Acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 4 when applying for Chinese taught master or doctoral programs.
Applicants should send one set of application forms and other supporting documents to the ASEAN University Network (AUN) Secretariat by 31 January 2022.
Only applications of recommended candidates from the AUN Secretariat will be considered. No other applications or individual applications directly sent to CSC will be considered. Candidates holding the Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without the Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.