GEM Trailblazer is the semester exchange program offered by Nanyang Technological University (NTU). Inbound exchange students can expect to be immersed in a unique Asian adventure featuring world-class pedagogy with exciting student activities in one of the world’s top universities. With over 8,000 international students with a myriad enriching array of programs on a sprawling garden campus, NTU is a truly global institution.
The GEM Trailblazer Exchange program allows inbound students to participate in NTU’s exchange program to read courses or to conduct research for a semester or two. We welcome applications for undergraduate and postgraduate inbound students from our partner universities.
NTU AY2022/2023 Semester 1 Academic Calendar
- 1st Teaching Week Mon, 8 Aug 2022
- Revision & Exam Weeks Mon, 14 Nov – Fri, 2 Dec 2022
- End of Semester Fri, 2 Dec 2022
ABOUT COURSE ALLOCATIONS
Some of our undergraduate courses, particularly – Business, Economics, Computer Science and Computer Engineering, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Language and Communications – are highly popular but have limited vacancies. In addition, core courses from the School of Computer Science and Engineering are not available to exchange students.
While the University tries to accommodate requests where possible, exchange students should expect that enrolment into their chosen courses is neither automatic nor guaranteed. It is in the students’ best interests to remain flexible with their study plans.
To understand more about our processes, refer to the Course Registration and Academic Information page in the Information Sheet.
Restricted Course List
- A student with active status
- Students should be at least in their 3rd semester at UI by the time of application
- Have not registered 144 credits at UI (including credits on the last semester at UI before departing for exchange) by the time of the application
- Mandatory to transfer credits from exchange period to UI
- Will not graduate from UI until the exchange period is completed
- GPA ≥ 3.2 (all majors)
- English proficiency standard:
- TOEFL PBT ≥ 550
- TOEFL ITP ≥ 550
- TOEFL iBT ≥ 79
- IELTS ≥ 6.5
Please follow the UI standard eligibility and requirements above. If the host university has higher eligibility, we will follow the eligibility of the host university.
- Recommendations from faculty signed by Dean or Vice Dean
- Legalized Final transcripts (GPA min. 3.2)
- IRS for the last semester at UI before departing exchange
- English Proficiency Certificate
- PBT at least 550
- ITP at least 550
- iBT at least 79
- IELTS at least 6.5
- Motivation Letter
- Study Plan
- ACTS Application Form
- Other documents required by the proposed university
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply online here
- Submit all requirements to the International Office via email through email@example.com before 8 March 2022.
Ensuring a smooth transition to life at NTU
|On-campus housing for incoming exchange students on coursework is dependent on availability. Students may apply for housing in the GEM Trailblazer Exchange/Study Abroad Portal after receiving the login details in the Student e-Welcome email in late May/early June 2022. Students who are unsuccessful in their campus housing application will need to look for off-campus options.
Research exchange students are advised to look for off-campus housing, in view of their varied project dates.
For more on Housing matters, visit the Housing website.
|We advise all incoming exchange students to arrive and complete all quarantine/self-isolation requirements at least three days prior to the start of the semester.
Depending on travel history and vaccination status, students may enter Singapore via different SafeTravel lanes. The SafeTravel website will help you to determine the applicable SafeTravel lanes and their respective entry and quarantine requirements. More details can be found in the Information Sheet.
|To help students onboard to live at NTU, an orientation briefing is planned in August, prior to the start of term. The briefing will go over essential information related to course registration, campus resources, health services, adjustment management matters, and more.|
|Students with physical/neurological disabilities or special needs must declare and submit medical documentation and/or specialist assessment reports during the online application stage for verification. They will also be required to provide additional documentation that certifies fitness for overseas study.
Upon arrival at NTU, they will be required to undergo further medical assessments or counseling to ascertain appropriate support services. These may be conducted internally at NTU or externally by third-party service providers. These additional costs will be borne by the student.
• Each participating university may have a different submission deadline; you should adjust the deadline with your proposed university selection.
• Each participating university may have different standards of the minimum score for TOEFL or IETLS; you should adjust the requirement with your proposed university selection.
• Once your application has been approved (selection at home university level), the International Office will issue a Letter of Endorsement for you and send your application to your proposed university
• You will get a Letter of Acceptance if your proposed university approves your application. Then, you will be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
In the light of the COVID-19 pandemic, entry procedures and requirements mandated by the Singapore Government are stringent and are subject to change at any time. Partners and students must always be prepared to adjust at short notice.
Bookmark the Safe Travel Website and refer to it frequently to keep abreast of the latest travel and health control measures for incoming travelers.