The International Scholar Exchange Fellowship (ISEF) program aims to develop academic studies in Asia and enhance regional academic exchange and cooperation by inviting Asian scholars to Korea to conduct research for six months or one year. Every year, the ISEF program invites promising young scholars to provide them with an opportunity to conduct comprehensive research in Korean universities and research centers with Korean researchers. Through cultural activities and seminars, scholars are able to expand their understanding of Korea and build a long-lasting academic network with fellow scholars.
This program invites Asian scholars to Korea every year for six months or one year to conduct research projects in collaboration with professors and researchers at leading universities and academic institutions in Korea. This program is designed not only to support the research of individual scholars, but also to enhance academic mutual understanding, and promote cooperation and development in Asia.
• 1 Year
– From September 1, 2022 to August 31, 2023
• 6 Months
– From September 1, 2022 to February 28, 2023
– From March 1, 2023 to August 31, 2023
Field of Research
- Online application
- Research proposal
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Certificate of employment
- Certificate of Ph.D. degree
- Research samples: 2 books, 2 research papers, or 1 book and 1 research paper
- English abstract of no more than 300 words must be provided for each book or research paper
- Letter of research affiliation from the host institution in Korea (if available at the time of application)
• Applicants should submit their applications directly to the Chey Institute website. You can find your status on the “Application History” page. * In some cases, Asia Research Centers(ARC) at an applicant’s university may have a separate ISEF application process. Please check if there is a separate selection process and if so, please apply through your university ARC. For additional information, please refer to your university’s affiliated ARC.
•February 25, 2022
* All original documents must reach the Chey Institute by the deadline. *
Announcement of results: March 31, 2022