Delegations from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) attended a meeting with Universitas Indonesia (UI). Both parties discussed their matters on Tuesday (20/09/2022) at Ruang Apung, near the Library of Universitas Indonesia, Depok.
The delegations were as follows:
- Prof. Dato’ Dr Hanafiah Bin Haruna Rashid as the Pro Vice-Chancellor Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia,
- Prof. Datuk Dr Mohammad Bin Husin as the Director of Center for Shaping Advanced and Profesional Education,
- Prof. Dr Fuad Mat Jali as the Geopolitical and Electoral Professor,
- Profesor Madya Dr. Novel Lyndon as the Chairman School of Development, Social and Development, Faculty Social Sciences and Humanities,
- Prof. Dr. Salwani Abdullah as the Dean of the Faculty of Science and Information Technology,
- Prof. Dato’ Dr Wan Hamidon Bin Wan Badar as the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering,
- Prof. Dr Aini Bin Aman as the Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Management,
- Prof. Dr Ishak Aman as the Dean of the Faculty of Science and Technology,
- Dr. Zurinah Tahir as the Representative of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities,
- Dr. Junaidi Awang Besar as the Representative of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities,
- Miss Lydia Yusnira as the Representative of the UKM Strategic Business Partner.
The delegations were welcomed by The Acting Secretary of UI, Vishnu Juwono, S.E., MIA., Ph.D., and moderated by the Head of International Office, drg. Baiduri Widanarko, M.KKK, Ph.D. Also attending the meeting were:
- Teguh Dartanto, Ph.D. as the Dean of Faculty of Economics & Business,
- Edmon Makarim, S.Kom, S., LL.M. as the Dean of the Faculty of Law,
- dr. Mondastri Korib Sudaryo, M.S., D.Sc. as the Dean of the Faculty of Public Health,
- Dr. Ir. Yanuar, M. Eng. Sc. as the Vice Dean for Academic, Research and Student Affairs Faculty of Engineering,
- Nurul Isnaeni, Ph.D. as the Vice Dean for Education, Research, and Student Affairs Faculty of Social and Political Sciences,
- Amelita Lusia, M.Si. as the Head of Public Relations and Public Information Office,
- Gatot Fatwanto Hertono, M.Sc., Ph.D. as the Director of Academic Development and Learning Resources,
- Munawar Khalil, Ph.D. as the Director of Research and Development,
- Toto Pranoto, S.E., M.M. as the Director of Partnership,
- Eko Sakapurnama, S.Psi., MBA. as the Head of Sub Directorate for Academic and Government Cooperation, Directorate of Partnership,
- Dr. med. dr. Nyityasmono Tri Nugroho, Sp.B. as the Lecturer of the Department of Surgical Sciences Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery.
The meeting began with introductions from both parties, followed by brief explanations about several topics they want to cover within the planned partnership, such as climate change, global warming, economic inflation, national security, and food security.
The discussion continues with both parties bringing up their proposals for the collaboration. Several notable ones include joint programs such as seminars and conferences, workshops, research and journal publications, and lectures; exchange program for students and staffs, and short programs.
Aside from the aforementioned programs, UKM also pointed out their interest in conducting a double degree program with the Faculty of Economics and Business, Faculty of Social and Political Science, and Faculty of Psychology as their starting choice.
In addition, UI also stated that their Faculty of Social and Political Science is enthused to initiate joint research, especially on climate change, and reactivate Sebumi International Conference which will be discussed further online with UKM.
An offer to establish the Joint Research Matching Fund Program for 2023 was also initiated by the UI Directorate of Research and Development, as well as an offer for professors and researchers from UKM to participate in a visiting/adjunct professor program and to become the reviewer of journals published in UI.
Faculties and units that have yet to voice their ideas for the collaboration will attend a further online discussion.