Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) invites UI undergraduate and graduate students to participate in an international internship program for the Spring Semester of 2023.
This is your opportunity to experience national research and development projects funded by the Korean government and institutions, receive guidance from the KIST researchers with superb research capabilities and access well-equipped laboratories at KIST.
Take a look at the student’s life at KIST school to see what could be your daily life!
- [KIST School] Ep.1: How Thibault, an alumnus from France, met his wife in Korea
- [KIST School] Ep.3: Olleksii takes advantage of a golden opportunity at KIST School
- [KIST School] KIST School K-POP Dance Challenge of Foreign Students
- A Daily Routine of a KIST School Student
- Why Study at KIST School, UST
- Students who can keep their student status at their current universities throughout the internship period
- Students who have less than 3 semesters left until graduation (As of October 10th)
- Potential applicants for the KIST School(UST) admission for Fall 2023 or later
- Feb 1, 2023 (Wed) ~ July 31, 2023 (Mon)
- Financial support: a monthly stipend of 1,000,000 KRW for undergraduate students and 1,200,000 KRW for master’s students (before tax deduction)
- Dormitory facilities (Dormitory Fee will be around 120,000 KRW)
- Comprehensive insurance
- Diverse academic/cultural events for students
- Supports the cost of the Official English Test (up to 1 time, to meet the requirements of KIST School-UST admission)
- Visit KIST School Homepage to search research fields and advisors http://kist_school.kist.re.kr/professors/list
- Mr. Choi Ji Hwan, KIST School Secretariat (E-mail: email@example.com)
- October 27th, 2022
- A faculty recommendation letter signed by Dean or Vice Dean with particular information needs to be included. Please read “NOTES” for detailed information about it.
- Legalized latest transcripts (GPA min. 3.2)
- IRS for last semester at UI before departing exchange
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Motivation Letter
- Statement letter of willingness not to leave the country if the faculty does not give permission
- Written approval letter of departure from parents
All documents have to be merged in 1 (ONE) pdf format file in the order listed above. Send the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest on October 27th, 2022.
How to Apply
- Apply online here
- Submit all requirements to the International Office via email at email@example.com before October 27th, 2022.
For further information, head to https://kist_school.kist.re.kr/admission/internship
- The KIST school student internship program is a preliminary internship program for students who have willing to apply for the KIST school(UST) graduate program (Master’s / Ph.D.)
- Only the students who are keeping their student status at their current universities are eligible to apply for this program since the applicants who had graduated from the universities are not considered student researchers. Since keeping the student status is crucial to pay the stipend for the students, we would like to remind all the applicants about this