Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia offers a student exchange program for undergraduates from all majors in semester 3 (min) and has never participated in any program from the International Office. The program is supported by the AUN-ACTS (ASEAN University Network-ASEAN Credit Transfer System), a student-centered system for student mobility among AUN member universities.
FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- UI student with active status.
- Students should be at the minimum, in their 3rd semester at UI, at the time of application.
- Have not registered 144 credits at UI (Including credits on the last semester at UI before departing for exchange) by the time of application.
- Mandatory to transfer credits exchange period to UI.
- Will not graduate from UI until the exchange period is completed.
- GPA min. 3.2 (all major)
- English Proficiency Standard:
– TOEFL PBT min. 550
– TOEFL ITP min. 550
– TOEFL iBT min. 79
– IELTS min. 6.5
- Mandatory to purchase International Insurance that covers Covid-19 Treatment
- Mandatory to have a passport before applying
- Must agree to abide by the rules and regulations of UKM or placement provider.
- Agrees to be responsible for the costs incurred.
- A faculty recommendation letter signed by Dean or Vice Dean with particular information needs to be included. Please read “NOTES” for detailed information about it.
- Legalized latest transcripts (GPA min. 3.2)
- IRS for last semester at UI before departing exchange
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Motivation Letter
- Statement letter of willingness not to leave the country if the faculty does not give permission
- Written approval letter of departure from parents
- A copy of the passport (IMPORTANT: The passport must be valid for at least 18 months at the point of e-VAL /student visa application)
- 1 copy of the photo with size 4.5 cm X 5.0 cm (White background)
- UKM Inbound Student Application Form (can be accessed here)
All documents have to be merged in 1 (ONE) pdf format file in the order listed above. Send the documents to email@example.com at the latest on December 25th, 2022.
- If the host university has higher eligibility, we will follow the eligibility of the host university.
- Students who have previously participated/enrolled in any program from International Office UI are NOT eligible to join this program.
- In the recommendation letter, please indicate:
- The Outbound Exchange Scheme that your faculty support and acknowledge. (only online or only offline or both online and offline schemes are supported and acknowledged)
- The student will not graduate from UI until the exchange program is completed.
- Academic credits earned from exchange programs abroad can be converted/transferred to UI.
For more information about the courses, head to http://www.ukm.my/pha/etc/
UKM Global will assist in making the accommodation arrangement at the Ibu Zain Residential College (KIZ) only. It’s located at the UKM Bangi campus (main campus). If you wish to apply for UKM on-campus accommodation (Ibu Zain College), please fill in the Application Form and submit it to UKM via e-mail at least 45 days prior to your arrival.
For more information about the accommodation, head to https://www.ukm.my/pha/
Note: Late submissions will not be entertained and students are required to make their own arrangements.
*Students are required to make a deposit payment worth one month’s rental fee plus the first month’s rental fee (1+1) during the check-in day.