Kyoto University are excited to announce that they will conduct the Amgen Scholars Program in 2023 as one of the host universities of the Amgen Scholars Asia Program!
This program is aimed to support domestic and international students (that’s you!) so you can study at Kyoto University as vacation scholars. In addition, this program allows you to apply by yourselves without any nomination process by the International Office.
Flight tickets, living expenses and accommodation stipend, scholarships, research experiences, various workshops, educational and cultural based activities, opportunity to network with other students and professionals.
180,000 JPY will be provided to Amgen Scholars:
- 90,000 JPY at the beginning of the program,
- 90,000 JPY in the middle of July.
ELIGIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Enrolled in colleges or universities that award a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent),
- Have completed their first year of undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins,
- Not graduating before the summer program begins and will resume their undergraduate studies for at least 1 semester or 1 quarter after the end of the summer program,
- Have a strong record of academic performance,
- Have good working knowledge of English, demonstrated by a minimum of:
- TOEFL (iBT) score of 72,
- IELTS overall band score of 5.5,
- Cambridge English FCE, TOEIC L&R score of 785,
- TOEIC S&W score of 310,
- Have an interest in pursuing a Ph.D.
- The program may be changed or deferred if holding the program safely and smoothly seems difficult due to the epidemic of the covid-19 and the border restrictions in Japan.
- A vaccine passport may be required to participate in the program.
3:00 PM (JST)
Wednesday, February 1st 2023
For inquiries, contact the Kyoto University by clicking here (e-mail).
For more information about the program, head to Kyoto University’s website by clicking here.