Chiba University, Japan offers a student exchange program for undergraduates in Japanese Studies in semester 3 (min) and has never participated in any program from the International Office.
FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- UI Japanese Studies student with active status.
- Students should be at the minimum, in their 3rd semester at UI, at the time of application.
- Have not registered 144 credits at UI (Including credits on the last semester at UI before departing for exchange) by the time of application.
- Mandatory to transfer credits exchange period to UI.
- Will not graduate from UI until the exchange period is completed.
- GPA min. 3.2 (all major)
- English Proficiency Standard:
– TOEFL PBT min. 550
– TOEFL ITP min. 550
– TOEFL iBT min. 80
– IELTS min. 6.5
- Mandatory to purchase International Insurance that covers Covid-19 Treatment
- Mandatory to have a passport before applying
- Never participate in IISMA and other physical exchange programs and never participate in an abroad program with a scholarship that manages by IO UI
Either 1 or 2 is required for J-PAC. Please refer to the J-PAC Outline
- Sufficient level of English (CEFR B2 or higher) + Japanese language the learning experience of at least 50 hours
- Sufficient level of Japanese (JLPT N2 or higher)
J-PAC is an exchange program for undergraduate students who are interested in studying the Japanese language and culture. It has two courses; International Liberal Arts Course and the Japanese Studies Course
- A faculty recommendation letter signed by Dean or Vice Dean with particular information needs to be included. Please read “NOTES” for detailed information about it.
- Legalized latest transcripts (GPA min. 3.2)
- IRS for last semester at UI before departing exchange
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Motivation Letter
- Statement letter of willingness not to leave the country if the faculty does not give permission
- Written approval letter of departure from parents
All documents have to be merged in 1 (ONE) pdf format file in the order listed above. Send the documents to email@example.com at the latest on February 24th, 2023.
- If the host university has higher eligibility, we will follow the eligibility of the host university.
- Students who have previously participated/enrolled in any program from International Office UI are NOT eligible to join this program.
- In the recommendation letter, please indicate:
- The Outbound Exchange Scheme that your faculty support and acknowledge. (only online or only offline or both online and offline schemes are supported and acknowledged)
- The student will not graduate from UI until the exchange program is completed.
- Academic credits earned from exchange programs abroad can be converted/transferred to UI.