Application for the Singapore Management University (SMU) Global Summer Programme (GSP) 2023 is now open!
Established in 2000, the Singapore Management University (SMU) is internationally recognized for its teaching excellence and world-class research that addresses Asian issues of global relevance. Come and experience SMU’s distinctive pedagogy of small class sizes and seminar-style teaching in our lush city campus, set within the heart of Singapore’s cosmopolitan cityscape.
You can mix and match courses from both tracks.
Each course confers one SMU Credit Unit, equivalent to 6 – 7.5 ECTS, 10 – 12 CATS, and 3 – 4 US credits.
Please consult your university administrators on the transfer of the course credits before sending in your application.
GSP COURSES: TWO TRACKS
Asia is a dynamic region that is home to culturally diverse societies at varying stages of transformation. As a cosmopolitan city-state with a thriving entrepreneurship and innovation scene, Singapore offers myriad opportunities for all.
Sustainability is multifaceted and applicable to social and economic domains such as environmental conservation and business practices. As one of the world’s top financial hubs and greenest cities, Singapore is an ideal platform to explore this topic.
|GSP 2023 Programme Fees*|
|Tuition||S$3,240 for one course
S$5,400 for two courses
|Miscellaneous||S$230 (covers IT services, matriculation fee, and SMU Student’s Medical insurance)|
- Application fee of S$150 must be paid within 3 days after application submission and is strictly non-refundable.
- Find out more about the SMU Student’s Medical Insurance coverage (paid under miscellaneous fees) here.
- All fees are quoted in Singapore Dollars (SGD) and include Singapore’s 8% Goods and Service Tax. These fees do not cover other costs, such as accommodation charges and travel visa fees.
- Upon acceptance of SMU’s conditional offer of admission to the program, fee-paying students are required to make a non-refundable advance payment of S$1,000 (as part of the tuition fee).
- We only accept payment online via Visa or Mastercard.
- Applicants should consult their home university for scholarship or funding opportunities.
For students from non-partner universities, if there are 6 or more fee-paying students applying for GSP from the same university, they are eligible for a 10% discount on their tuition fees.
Students from SMU partner universities are eligible for a 10% discount on their tuition fees. If there are 6 or more fee-paying students from the same partner university, this discount increases to 15%.
You may find a list of our partner universities here.
The Global Summer Programme welcomes university students from around the world.
Applicants will need their latest academic transcript or official acceptance letter from their home university during the application process.
If English is not the main language of instruction in an applicant’s home university, one of the following test results, obtained within the last 2 years, is required during application:
- IELTS score of at least 7.0
- TOEFL score of at least 583 points (paper-based) or 93 points (internet-based)
In lieu of the abovementioned test results and certificates, students who are highly proficient in English may email us at email@example.com with a letter from your home university coordinator, verifying your proficiency in English, which will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. The letter must contain your home university’s official letterhead, and the coordinator’s name and email address. The email address must be the official email address of your home university.
All applicants are required to pay an application fee of S$150 within 3 days after application submission. The application will only be processed after the fee is paid.
The online application process will take approximately 30 minutes.
Please ensure all the documents listed below are ready in the soft copy before the application.
- Latest academic transcript or official acceptance letter from home university (in English).
- Photo identification page of a valid passport (minimum 6 months of validity from the date of arrival / 26 June 2023, whichever is earlier).
- Screenshot of the medium of instruction for the program you are enrolled in.
- Recent passport-sized photograph (taken within 3 months from application date).
- TOEFL/IELTS test results (results obtained within last 2 years) if English is not the main language of instruction in your home university.
Click on Immigration Matters below to read more about the application for the Student’s Pass.
For more information, please visit this site