The objective of the ASEAN International Mobility for Students (AIMS) program is to create a vibrant student mobility program for citizens of all SEAMEO member countries. It emerges from the Malaysia-Indonesia-Thailand (M-I-T) Student Mobility Pilot Project which was initiated in 2009 as collaboration between the governments of the three countries and SEAMEO RIHED. Following the success of the pilot project, it is now being turned into a fully-fledged ASEAN program. Additional Southeast Asian nations are now invited to join the efforts of the three existing countries, and collectively develop a regional Southeast Asian student mobility program.
About the Program
- This program is offered for bachelor program students of Faculty of Humanities and Faculty of Economics.
- The duration of the program awarded by the ministry is a maximum of one semester, but no more than six months.
- The award includes tuition fees, airfare (return ticket), health insurance, accommodation, monthly stipend.
- Students are expected to cover the following items on their own: visa fees, English language test fee, medical check-up cost, living expenses above the monthly allowance provided.
- Students should receive credits for each subject you complete at the host university.
By joining the program, you can:
- improve ability to operate in an international environment
- develop personal and socio-cultural links with peers from other countries
- generate a strong sense of ASEAN citizenship, as part of the readiness toward ASEAN Community in 2015
- create on-going student networks – a great asset for the future