The ASEAN University Network on Culture and the Arts (AUN-CA) Dialogues was initiated to appreciate and share each of the ASEAN countries’ cultures and traditions. It shall serve as a forum for exchanging ideas to provide students and teachers, a venue for discussing their current creative or research work or any innovative/artistic response to the present pandemic situation. Participants are requested to prepare a 10-minute presentation of ideas to include the following: 1) introduction/project description, 2) purpose, and 3) an explanation as to how it responds to AUN-CA’s objective of enhancing and strengthening mutual understanding, friendship, and cooperation among the ASEAN+3 countries. The presentations will be uploaded to the AUNCA Facebook page, AUN Youtube Channel, and the AUN Website- AUNCA link.
TOPICS: Art and Science, Art and Education, Art and Heritage, Art and Activism, Art and Community Engagement, Art and the Environment, Art and Healing, Art and Spirituality, Art and Cuisine, Art and Technology, Arts Management/ Arts Marketing, Art, Language and Literature, Creative Education / Creative Campus Environments, Creative Industries in the ASEAN+ 3 countries, Artistic Productions (best practices, concepts, project proposals, etc).
Guidelines for Submission:
• There is no limit as to the number of research submissions coming from each AUN/ AUN-CA member university.
* Participants should submit in this form, an abstract of 100-250 words. The main paper should have a maximum of 1,000 words. For presentations regarding performances or film, a copy of the performance video or film should be submitted through a link.
* The official university representative should compile all their researches and requirements into 1 folder for their university, for sending to AUNCA. The researchers should not directly send their entry to the organizers.
• Technical Specifications of the Video Presentation
High Resolution of 720p or 1080p
File format – MP4
Frame Rate of 24 FPS (frames per second)
Widescreen or landscape orientation (aspect ratio of 16:9)
Length: 10 mins maximum
Pre-recorded with English subtitles (English)
• Upon submission, the researcher and the university representative will receive an email confirmation with a reference number. The reference number will be used in all future correspondence in connection with the forum.
• Upon confirmation of the abstract registration, the researcher must fill up and sign the authorization to publish his/her research presented in the aforementioned social media platforms; and to commit his/her online presence for the open forum. If the authorization is not accomplished, the presenter forfeits his/her chance of participating in the research forum.
Deadline for submission of abstracts: May 31, 2021
Acceptance of Abstract: June 15, 2021
Deadline for submission of final manuscript: June 30, 2021
Deadline for submission of videos: July 9, 2021
In this regard, we would also seek your kind cooperation in filling out this online registration form for the DIALOGUES RESEARCH FORUM by 15 May 2021. This form can only accommodate 10 research entries. If you are submitting more, please fill out this form as another response. There are no limits as to the number of responses generated in this form.
Participation in the RESEARCH FORUM is FREE for AUN/ AUN-CA members. Should you wish to be a member of AUN-CA, please get in touch with Ms. Glorife Samodio at email@example.com.
For more information about AUN-CA events, please check out: https://www.facebook.com/aunculturearts.