The Chinese Government Scholarship-AUN Program is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China for the ASEAN University Network (AUN) to sponsor students, teachers, and scholars from ASEAN nations to study in China and to enhance the academic exchange and mutual understanding between China and ASEAN members. There are 30 scholarships offered annually and it only supports graduates.
1) Supporting Category
This scholarship only supports graduate students. (Master and Doctoral programs)
This scholarship supports master’s students for no more than 3 academic years or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years. It covers major studies and Chinese language studies.
3) Instruction Language
Scholarship students can register for either the Chinese-taught program or the English-taught program if applicable. Please click here or here to find the program and university you’re interested in.
Applicants should apply to ASEAN University Network (AUN) Secretariat by 18 February 2021.
1) Applicants must be a citizen of an ASEAN member country (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam), and be in good health.
2) The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must be:
– A bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
– A master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
– Candidates can either:
- Apply to the AUN Secretariat for the CGS opportunity without any pre-admission Letter. In this case, candidates can select their preferred institutes during the online applications process.
- Apply to your target university for the pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate.
Please note that AUN’s Program Category is ‘Type A’ and Agency Number is ‘00005.’
Once the correct Agency Number is entered, the name of the agency will automatically emerge. Instructions of the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System and Agency Number is provided on page 5 of the guidelines.
– Complete the online Application Form for the Chinese Government Scholarship, and print one hard copy.
– Submit ONE set of paper application forms and other supporting documents to the AUN Secretariat by 18 February 2021.
– Only successful candidates will be informed by email by early August 2021.
Only applications of recommended candidates from the AUN Secretariat will be considered.
No other applications or individual application directly sent to CSC will be considered.
Candidates holding the Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without the Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.