In the era of global urgencies such as climate change and pandemic, the Global Collaborative Summer program aims to study important agendas of future civilizations with world-renowned scholars. Also, it empowers future generations to become global citizens who can contribute to a sustainable society.
This program includes :
- An investigation on the crisis of civilization and its solutions
- Building a friendship through an international network
- An opportunity to experience Korean culture online
Global Collaborative Summer Program offers 1 credit for each course. A student can take up to 2 courses(2 credits). Classes are held from Monday through Friday.
Taught by a faculty team of internationally renowned scholars, courses are centered on Humanity, Civilization, and Global Governance.
All courses are taught in English.
Global Emergency & Action
• Global Action on Climate Risk
• Climate Changes in the Polar Region
• Artificial Intelligence and the Unconscious: Politics, Technology, and Culture
Peace & Global Governance
• Gender Issues and Women’s Empowerment
• International Relations, Yesterday and Tomorrow: Theory, History, and Policy Debates
• Global Cooperation and Solidarity: to Overcome Global Crises
Humanity & Global Civilization
• Creativity and Innovation in NGOs: Understanding How to Become a Social Entrepreneur
• Global Korean Popular Culture
• Korean Cinema and Cultural Understanding
Classes are held from Monday to Friday.
▶ All courses carry 1 credit of 15 lecture hours
* Extracurricular “Special Activities” will be provided
* Schedule will be uploaded soon
▶ In case a class is canceled, the TA of the class will notify students in advance.
▶ GC 2021 will be held online and the program will be conducted at designated LMS by KHU
All international and domestic students may transfer credits according to the policies of their home institutions.
Students may have a virtual experience of Korean culture and supplement what they learn in class.
Students will be introduced to both Seoul and International Campuses of KHU through a virtual campus tour.
Cook and enjoy Korean foods with GC Friends.
Learn Taekwondo, a Korean Martial art, which is equipment-free and available at home
Korea in your Area
Experience Korea’s wonderful palaces and traditional culture through a virtual travel video.
• All Programs are subject to change.