From 2019-2020, Yonsei University offers a 5-week winter program at our Sinchon campus for international students who would like to enjoy the winter in Seoul.
Winter Abroad at Yonsei is composed of two separate sessions: Session 1 is a 3-week program focusing on academic achievement with various courses and Session 2 is a 2-week program with an intensive Korean language course along with distinguished cultural and historical lectures related to Korea society.
On the weekend, participants can enjoy special Korean winter activities. We provide an excellent opportunity to enhance your scholarship, to interact with eminent professors and to enjoy the companionship of participants from all over the world.
Winter Abroad at Yonsei is open to all students currently enrolled in an accredited college or university as well as high school seniors who have been accepted to an accredited university. (We have a minimum GPA requirement for college or university students, which is above 2.0/4.0.)
Application Materials (To be uploaded in WAY application system)
We are now entirely paperless and no mailing of hard copy is necessary. Please upload:
1. Your official transcript(scanned or e-copy) if you are currently attending a college or university
2. Your university admissions confirmation letter if you are a high school senior
|– Application Fee: KRW 100,000
(Due: Nov 15)
– Tuition Fee:
Session 1: 1 course KRW 1,600,000
2 course KRW 2,800,000
(6 credits)Session 2: KRW 1,600,000
(3 credits)(Due: Nov 29)
|– One-Day Trip Fee: https://winter.yonsei.ac.kr/main/contents.asp?mid=m02_04
– Housing Fee (On-campus): https://winter.yonsei.ac.kr/main/contents.asp?mid=m06_02
* Fees are subject to change without prior notice.
* Exchange rate information can be found here. For accurate information about the wire transfer amount, please consult your local bank.
Early Enrollment Benefit
Early Enrollment Benefit : [KRW 100,000]
All students who complete their application for 2019-20 Winter Abroad at Yonsei (WAY) during the Early Registration Period (Sep 2 – Sep 30) will receive the Early Enrollment Benefit.
Applications must be complete with the online application as well as the non-refundable application fee (KRW100,000) and an official transcript.
The Early Enrollment Benefit (KRW 100,000) will be applied to your tuition as a fee deduction.
[IMPORTANT NOTES: The benefit will be applied to your tuition after you receive the letter of admission via e-mail.]
Yonsei Alumni Scholarship
- Alumni Scholarship: [KRW 200,000]
- Eligibility: Students whose parents are graduates of Yonsei University
- How to Apply: Please send the required documents by e-mail or airmail by November 15, 2019.
- (Parents’) Certificate of Graduation
- Certificate of Kinship (Resident Registration, Birth Certificate, etc.)
APRU & AEARU Associate University Scholarship
APRU & AEARU Scholarship: [KRW 100,000]
APRU members: https://apru.org/members/
AEARU members: http://www.aearu.org/members.html
All students who are enrolled in the APRU and AEARU associate university will receive the APRU & AEARU Scholarship automatically.
Applications must be complete with an online application and an official transcript.
The APRU & AEARU Scholarship (KRW 100,000) will be applied to your tuition fee as fee deduction.