Get a funded opportunity to study in a culturally rich nation, one of Asia’s emerging economies, Indonesia. Universitas Indonesia offers scholarships for foreign students to take master’s degrees in a wide array of disciplines.
- Tuition Fee Waiver
- Covering the cost of student visa application (IDR 200.000) and VITAS (USD 150), only once
- Covering the cost of a stay permit, IDR 2.500.000 per year
- Arrival ticket allowance, with the maximum amount of IDR 5.000.000 (only once)
- Departure ticket allowance, with the maximum amount of IDR 5.000.000 (only once)
- Settlement Cost Allowance, IDR 1.500.000 (only once)
- Health Insurance allowance, IDR 400.000 per month
- Monthly Allowance, IDR 3.000.000 per month (including accommodation)*
- Books and Research Allowance, IDR 500.000 per month
**Scholarship benefit will be given when the student has arrived in Indonesia
- UI GREAT scholarship is offered to non-Indonesian citizens applying for a master’s degree at Universitas Indonesia
- Applicants do not have a master’s degree yet
- Applicants must meet UI Degree admission requirements and UI GREAT Scholarship eligibility, in order to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Please refer to this link below for UI Degree admission requirement information: admission.ui.ac.id/
- All admission process is done through admission.ui.ac.id/
- The scholarship does not include language preparatory courses (Indonesian or English)
- Applicants applying for a master’s degree in research will need to submit a research proposal during the selection process
- Applicants must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 while studying at UI
- Applicants are not registered as students at other universities in Indonesia with or without a scholarship from the Indonesian Government/University/Institution.
- Recipients of the UI GREAT scholarship, are not allowed to be registered at other universities/institutions in Indonesia before completing their studies at Universitas Indonesia
- Applicants must have received at least 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccination
- UI GREAT applicants do not need to pay the admission registration fee
Merge UI GREAT Letter of Statement and Recommendation Letter from the Indonesia Embassy (free format) into 1 pdf document and upload it to replace the admission registration fee payment receipt document. The maximum size of this document is 3MB.
- It is mandatory for UI GREAT Scholarship applicants to fulfill the English proficiency requirement of the chosen major/study program/faculty. In the case where Indonesian language qualification is required and the applicants cannot meet the Indonesian Language proficiency requirements, the applicant must submit the Letter of Commitment for Language.
- It is mandatory for UI GREAT Scholarship applicants to submit:
- UI GREAT Letter of Statement
- Recommendation Letter from the Indonesian Embassy (free format)
- Letter of Commitment for Language (if applicants cannot meet the Indonesian Language proficiency requirement)
above forms can be downloaded at international.ui.ac.id/ui-great/
- Application Closing Date: 12 May 2023
- Announcement: 29 May 2023
- Confirmation of Offer: 31 May 2023
- Visa Application Process: 1 June 2023
General Queries & Scholarship: email@example.com
Immigration Matters: firstname.lastname@example.org
Queries about the online admission process, requirements, academics & documents: email@example.com