Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan offers a study abroad with fee-paying program for undergraduates and graduates in any subject in semester 3 (min) and has never participated in any program from the International Office. This program is an alternative to the previous exchange program which allows students to independently apply to Tokyo Tech. In this program, students are able to do research (taking courses is optional, but only taking courses is unacceptable.) with student status and study conditions similar to participants in the exchange programs (ACAP/YSEP) covered by the tuition waiver. Students have to apply independently. Please see the application procedures stated on Tokyo Tech’s website for further instructions.
1 – 12 months
STUDENT STATUS AT TOKYO TECH
International Exchange Student (non-regular, non-degree-seeking student)
- Tokyo Institute of Technology Application Form
- Official Academic Record Transcript in English (PDF)
- Recommendation Letter (PDF)
- Student Status Verification (PDF)
- Certificate of Eligibility (Excel)
- Copy of Passport (PDF)
- English Proficiency Certificate (PDF)
- Photograph (JPEG)
- Copy of the “Result” (Payment Verification) page
- Copy of E-mail correspondence confirming a Tokyo Tech faculty member’s willingness to accept the applicant (PDF)
- Other necessary documents stated here.
The 10th of the month which is more than three months prior to the desired start date
(e.g. for a start date of September 1, the Application Deadline is May 10)
Application Fee: JPY 9.800
Enrollment Fee: JPY 84.600
Tuition Fee: JPY 29.700/month
For further detailed information about the program overview, language requirements, application procedures and documents, fees, scholarships, accommodation, and other information, head to Tokyo Tech website by clicking here or access the program’s supplementary information sheet by clicking here.