Kyushu University, in cooperation with the ASEAN Secretariat and the ASEAN University Network (AUN), is happy to announce that there will be an ASEAN in Today’s World (AsTW) 2023 conducted at Mahidol University, Thailand! AsTW is a short program designed for undergraduates to broaden the knowledge about ASEAN and the East Asian affairs.
March 13-24 2022 (12 days)
Scholarship (limited availability), 4 university credits available for transfer, gifts, certificate, cultural exchange experience (Thai boxing, cooking, dance and costume), and field trips
JPY 159,200 (this fee includes tuition fee, study trips, accommodation with breakfasts, some banquets and meals as indicated and group airport pick-up/drop-off)
FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- UI student with active status.
- Students should be at the minimum, in their 3rd semester at UI, at the time of application.
- Have not registered 144 credits at UI (Including credits on the last semester at UI before departing for exchange) by the time of application.
- Mandatory to transfer credits exchange period to UI.
- Will not graduate from UI until the exchange period is completed.
- GPA min. 3.2 (all major)
- English Proficiency Standard:
– TOEFL iBT min. 79
– IELTS min. 6.5
- Mandatory to purchase International Insurance that covers Covid-19 Treatment
- Mandatory to have a passport before applying
- A faculty recommendation letter signed by Dean or Vice Dean with particular information needs to be included. Please read “NOTES” for detailed information about it.
- Legalized latest transcripts (GPA min. 3.2)
- IRS for last semester at UI before departing exchange
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Motivation Letter
- Statement letter of willingness not to leave the country if the faculty does not give permission
- Written approval letter of departure from parents
All documents have to be merged in 1 (ONE) pdf format file in the order listed above. Send the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest on December 23rd, 2022.
- If the host university has higher eligibility, we will follow the eligibility of the host university.
- Students who have previously participated/enrolled in any program from International Office UI are NOT eligible to join this program.
- In the recommendation letter, please indicate:
- The Outbound Program Scheme that your faculty support and acknowledge. (only online or only offline or both online and offline schemes are supported and acknowledged)
- The student will not graduate from UI until the program is completed.
- Academic credits earned from programs abroad can be converted/transferred to UI.
For more information about the details of the program, head to AsTW’s website by clicking here.
If you want to see the program’s brochure, click here.