University of Tokyo are pleased to announce that they will continue to provide hands-on laboratory experience to undergraduate students through the Amgen Scholars Program in 2023 as one of the host universities of the Amgen Scholars Asia Program!
This program is designed to provide those of you who are committed to or who are considering a career in biology or related sciences and planning to continue to graduate studies with biomedical research experience in the basic and translational sciences, followed by the Amgen Scholars Asia Symposium. In addition, this program allows you to apply by yourselves without any nomination process by the International Office.
Flight tickets, living expenses and accommodation stipend, participation in events (Japanese language classes, Japanese cultural events, exchange events with University of Tokyo students, etc.), valuable hands-on research experience in five graduate schools and one research institute of University of Tokyo
ELIGIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Enrolled in colleges or universities that award a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent),
- Have completed their first year of undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins,
- Not graduating before the summer program begins and will resume their undergraduate studies for at least 1 semester or 1 quarter after the end of the summer program,
- Have a strong record of academic performance,
- Have good working knowledge of English, demonstrated by a minimum of:
- TOEFL (iBT) score of 72,
- IELTS overall band score of 5.5,
- Cambridge English FCE, TOEIC L&R score of 785,
- TOEIC S&W score of 310,
- Have an interest in pursuing a Ph.D.
3:00 PM (JST)
Wednesday, February 1st 2023
For inquiries, contact the University of Tokyo by clicking here (e-mail).