DEADLINE: May 21, 2020
The Fifth APRU Global Health Student Case Competition is open for registration.
We encourage you to take the challenge and register as soon as possible.
In this case competition, you will be given an opportunity to practice your critical-thinking and problem-solving skills to help solve global health challenges. Teams of 4-6 students will be given a challenge related to a pressing global health problem. Teams will have up to EIGHT weeks to prepare a 10-minute video in English, proposing a realistic, well designed, and innovative solution.
We encourage you to be creative and showcase out-of-the-box ideas in helping facilitate real changes through this competition.
Please share this message with your students and friends who are interested in global health-related topics.
· APRIL 2 – Case challenge sent out via email at 11:59 am Pacific Time
(CHALLENGE OPEN from April 2-May 28, 2020)
· MAY 21 – Deadline for universities to register teams (teams registering after March 21 will still only have until May 28th to submit their videos)
· MAY 28 – Final video submissions due by 11:59 pm Pacific Time
· JULY 1 – Three finalist teams announced via email
· OCT 18 – Final competition held at the APRU GH annual workshop
· The team must be comprised of currently enrolled university students (as of May 2020). Students of all disciplines and stages in their training are welcome including undergraduate, graduate and medical students.
· Postdoctoral students and medical residents/interns are not eligible. However, medical students that do not yet have their medical degrees awarded are eligible.
· Individuals holding faculty appointments also do not qualify.
· The teams must be comprised of 4-6 students.
The solution to the challenge must be student-driven. Although we encourage that students draw on faculty and outside mentorship and support, it should not be the work/research output of a faculty member.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR TEAM
Send your team members’ name and class course schedule (as a proof of you as currently enrolled student of UI) to email@example.com
· The winning team will be announced at the APRU Global Health Program’s annual conference in Shanghai, China on Oct 21, 2020.
· A prize of US$500 will be awarded to the team.
· Student teams who are selected to participate in the final round may be eligible for travel scholarships to the workshop.
For competing teams, please submit the following materials by email by May 28 at 11:59 am Pacific Time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Provide a link to your video on youtube or Vimeo (no more than 10 mins)
· At the beginning or end of the video, please provide a slide with full name, the discipline of study, affiliated department and institution, and academic status as of May 2020 (e.g. undergraduate, graduate, medical, etc.) for each team member. If your university is submitting more than one team, please make sure to clearly identify which Team # you are. If your team members are different than the names you registered with, please send us an email to let us know.
· Powerpoint or other audiovisuals can be used in conjunction with the oral presentation.
· All team members should appear on the video and should actively participate. Everyone on the team needs to physically show at some point in the presentation. So, they can appear talking next to a set of slides like a presentation. Or, talking with another person, etc. You do not need to have students record a message separately.
· All teams automatically grant permission for APRU to screen their videos at the workshop and to post their videos on our website.
The top three videos will be chosen by a panel of international judges and be showcased at the 14th APRU Global Health Conference at Fudan University on October 18-21, 2020.
The winning team will be selected and announced at the Conference. A prize of USD 500 will be awarded.
*If there is any funding that can be provided by Universitas Indonesia, it will be confirmed later*