This program is designed for students to learn Korean intensively in a short period of time. For 3 weeks, Korean classes in the morning, 5 days a week, 4 hours a day. In the afternoon, experience Korea through Korean cultural experiences
(Korean cooking class, Korean Engravings, K-POP dance, etc.) once or twice a week.
* The 3-week intensive course is not a D4 visa application program. To apply for a D-4-1 visa, please apply for a regular course or a university Korean course.
- Number of Weeks : 3 Weeks
- Hours of Instruction: 60 hours
- Class Days: Monday to Friday
- Class Hours: 4 hours (9:00 am to 1:00 pm)
- Afternoon Korean cultural activities: Twice a week (2 pm ~ 4 pm) ※Schedule could be changed
- EVALUATION: Final 100%
- All classes will be taught only in KOREAN
|Nov 14, 2022 ~ Jan 13, 2023||Jan 27||Mar. 2|
|Mar. 3||Mar. 23|
|Spring 2||Feb 8 ~ April 7||April 21||May. 24|
|May. 25||Jun. 15|
|Summer 1||April 10 ~ June 9||Jun 23||Aug. 1|
|Aug. 2||Aug. 23|
|Summer 2||May 8 ~ July 7||July 21||Aug. 29|
|Aug. 30||Sep. 19|
|Winter||Oct 10 ~ Dec 8||Dec 22||Jan. 23 (2024)|
|Jan. 24 (2024)||Feb. 15 (2024)|
* Applicants are accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis. Applying before the registration deadline does not guarantee enrollment due to the limited number of students we can accommodate for the dorm and the course.
* The program may be canceled if there is a lack of applicants.
* If a class is canceled, the full amount including the application fee will be refunded. (Not including overseas remittance surcharges)
Requirements & Required documents
◆ Qualifications for Application
Applicants must have completed high school (with a diploma or equivalent)
◆ Required Documents
- A completed online application form (with photo)
- A Copy of the Passport
- A copy of the diploma from the last school attended (only in English)
– If you are a university student, you can submit a copy of proof of enrollment.
◆ Admission Procedure
- Online Application Submission (Photo Upload Mandatory)
- 1) Set up an account on the KLI website. (Click ‘ Register / Sign Up ‘ on the top of the homepage screen)
- 2) After filling out the registration information, click “Submit” at the bottom of the page. ID/password prompt will be displayed for login.
- 3) Login with ID/password
- 4) Select the ‘ 3-week Program ‘ from the Online Application Menu
- 5) Complete the online application, Upload documents, and click “Submit”
- The application fee and cultural experience fee are non-refundable.
– Prior to the start of classes, these fees are non-refundable even if requested. (Only the tuition fees are refundable)
- Payment of application fee (80,000 KRW)
Log in to the homepage-[My page]-[Application Process]-[Status Details]-Check your ‘ Virtual Account number ‘
- Notice of Admission: The KLI will inform the student of acceptance to the program and provide personal banking account information by e-mail.
- Tuition Payment: Upon receipt of the KLI acceptance by e-mail, the student will need to pay the tuition fee, Dormitory fee for the applicable term.
- Final Confirmation e-mail: KLI will send a confirmation e-mail after registration is completed.
* Must pay the tuition and dormitory fees after receiving the confirmation letter
* Please purchase after confirming whether or not to start classes, such as flight tickets and lodging.
* If the transfer is not made under the applicant’s name, the person in charge must be notified.
Or, please change the name to the applicant’s own name when sending money.
* In principle, registration is on a first-come, first-served basis, and registration is complete only after payment of the education fee.
* As space is limited, please apply as soon as possible. Our program and accommodation are on a first-come, first-served basis. We can guarantee a spot after finishing the admission procedure.
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||80,000 KRW|
|Tuition||Spring (1) semester: 965,000 KRW|
Spring (2) semester: 965,000 KRW
Summer(1) semester: 965,000 KRWSummer(2) semester: 965,000 KRW
Winter semester: 965,000 KRW
+ cultural experience: 100,000 KRW
|Total||Spring (1) semester: 1,045,000 KRW|
Spring (2) semester: 1,045,000 KRW
Summer(1) semester: 1,045,000 KRW
Summer(2) semester: 1,045,000 KRW
Winter semester: 1,045,000 KRW
If students would like to pay by a telegraphic transfer, please transfer the tuition fee in Korean currency (Won) to the bank account of Yonsei University (Woori Bank).
- Bank Name: Woori Bank
- Account Title: Yonsei University – (학) 연세대학교
- Account Number: Virtual Account number (Login to the homepage-[My page]-[Application Period]-[Status Detail]
- Bank Address: Yonsei Banking Center Branch, 50 Yonsei-ro , Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 03722
- Swift Code: hvbkkrse (international transfer only)
* In the case of remittance through a bank, a transfer fee is incurred and a smaller amount of money is paid than the remittance amount.
Please send money with this in mind. If the deposit is less than the tuition fee, the student will be billed for the shortfall and the excess will be refunded.
* If the transfer is not made under the applicant’s name, the person in charge must be notified. Or, please change the name to the applicant’s own name when sending money.
* Please make sure to transfer money to the virtual account number created during online registration.
Within about 2 weeks after students register and pay the tuition, KLI will inform you of your acceptance status by e-mail.
KLI will place you into the most suitable class based on your past Korean studies through our placement test. We offer a placement test for all new students for all of our programs. All KLI students will be placed into the student’s appropriate classes in accordance with his/her Korean ability.
They are tested in different areas (listening, speaking, reading, writing, and grammar) and placed according to their needs and abilities. If you feel that you are a beginner and that you belong to Level 1, then you do not have to take the placement test.
Each class has more or less than 13 students.
Please be aware that the class cannot be opened if the class size is less than 5 students.
Certificate of Completion, Credits
Class attendance is mandatory and critical in language programs. Students are required to attend at least 48 hours of the total 60 class hours in order to receive credit from the program. Students who miss more than 12 hours will fail the program and therefore not receive a grade.
The Cultural activities are all mandatory parts of the program. (For example, ‘only attending Korean class’ is not allowed)
However, when completing the course, only the Korean class is included in the required attendance hours. Cultural activities will not be included
Students in the program may receive university-level academic credits for the successful completion of all work and requirements.
Upon request, KLI will send an official transcript or certificate to the registrar’s office of the school designated by the student.
The transfer of credits and the number of credits accepted are to be determined by the student’s university.
Korean Culture Experience
Students who apply for the 3-week course will utilize the afternoon time about twice a week to experience Korean culture, such as Korean cooking class and K-POP dance. etc
The exact schedule will be announced at the orientation before the start of the semester.
All students are required to attend the Korean cultural activities in the afternoon, and they are not included in the attendance time required to complete the course.
* Please note that the contents of the Korean cultural activities may change depending on the semester or circumstances.
- Rooms are reserved on a first-come first-served basis, in order of receipt of the full application and dormitory fees.
- If students prefer dormitory housing, they should check the ‘dormitory option’ on the application form.
- If there are no vacancies, dormitory fees will be refunded.
- Students should familiarize themselves with dormitory regulations through the KLI website or Orientation book.
- The dormitory fee is subject to change without prior notice.
2023 Dormitory fees are expected to be around 1,148,500 ~ 1,727,000 KRW. However, it is not a fixed amount, so please use it as a reference
|Spring1||2023. 2. 28.||2023. 3. 24.|
|Spring2||2023. 5. 23||2023. 6. 16.|
|Summer1||2023. 7. 31.||2023. 8. 24.|
|Summer2||2023. 8. 28.||2023. 9. 20.|
|Winter||2024. 1. 22.||2023. 2. 28.|
The 3-week course does not issue a D-4-1 visa. Students from visa-free countries can study without a visa. Students from other countries must enter the country after obtaining a tourist visa (C-3). and should directly check whether they have a visa that allows them to stay in Korea through the Korean embassy or immigration office located in your country.
After the payment of the tuition fee, the amount that the student paid could be refunded to the total amount (except the Application Fee and Cultural Activity Fee), and from the date that the class begins, the refund policy is as follows
- Until one day before the start of the semester: Refund 100% of the Tuition Fee
- Until 1/3 from the class begins: Refund 66.7% of the Tuition Fee
- Until 1/2 from the class begins: Refund 50% of the Tuition Fee
- Over 2/3 from the class begins: Non-refundable
|Period||Class Days (15 Days)||Refund Amount||Refund %|
* If you would like to cancel the 3-week program, please contact email@example.com
* 1) Email title: [3-week short-term course] Refund application_Student name (Student ID Number 10 digits)
2) The application fee and cultural experience fee are non-refundable.
3) If you request a refund to an account outside of Korea, the amount excluding the remittance fee will be deposited.
(Remittance fee is borne by the student)
※ If a class is canceled for reasons such as an insufficient number of applicants, the full amount including
the application fee will be refunded.
The difference between Summer Special Program and the 3week Program
|3-Week Program (Summer 1,2)||Summer Special Program|
|Schedule||Aug. 2 ~ Aug. 23, 2023 (Summer 1)|
Aug. 30 ~ Sep. 19, 2023 (Summer 2)
|June. 27 ~ July. 31, 2023|
|Number of Weeks||3 weeks||5 weeks|
|Hours of Instruction||60 hours||100 hours|
|Class Days||Monday to Friday||Monday to Friday|
|Class Hours||9:00 ~ 13:00||9:00 ~ 13:00|
|Cultural experience||2 times a week|
(Could be changed)
|2 times a week and Cultural Trip|
(Could be changed)
|Attendance Policy||At least 48 hours of attendance (80%)||At least 80 hours of attendance (80%)|
|Levels||8 levels||6 levels|
|Credits||2 credits||3 credits|
|Accommodation||DMC Ville||Muak Dormitory|
* Summer Special Program:http://www.yskli.com/proc/p4.asp