The National University of Singapore offers a program called DIscoverNUS for undergraduates from all majors in semester 3 (min) and has never participated in any program from the International Office.
FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- UI student with active status.
- Students should be in their 4th or 5th semester at UI, at the time of application.
- Have not registered 144 credits at UI (Including credits on the last semester at UI before departing for exchange) by the time of application.
- Mandatory to transfer credits exchange period to UI.
- Will not graduate from UI until the exchange period is completed.
- GPA min. 3.2 (all major)
- English Proficiency Standard:
– TOEFL PBT min. 550
– TOEFL ITP min. 550
– TOEFL iBT min. 80
– IELTS min. 6.5
- Mandatory to purchase International Insurance that covers COVID-19 treatment
- Mandatory to have a passport before applying
- Students who have previously participated/enrolled in any International program from International Office UI or any other opportunities including IISMA are NOT eligible.
- Not currently applying for another exchange or study abroad with fee paying program, e.g.: IISMA
- A faculty recommendation letter signed by the Dean or Vice Dean with particular information needs to be included. Please read “NOTES” for detailed information about it.
- Legalized latest transcripts (GPA min. 3.2)
- IRS for last semester at UI before departing exchange
- English Proficiency Certificate
- CV (Please read the *NOTES below to see details about the required CV)
- Motivation Letter
- Statement letter of willingness not to leave the country if the faculty does not give permission
- Written approval letter of departure from parents
- Study Plan
All documents should be in PDF format and be sent in ZIP file with the name format like this ‘Full Name_Host University’, e.g. Yura Meirani_Chulalongkorn University. Send the documents to email:firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest on August 29th, 2023.
Due to limited time, if you have any inquiries, please contact email@example.com for more details regarding eligibility and documents.
Important documents for reference:
- CVs should include:
• Education, including the name of high school and high school GPA, as well as current university GPA
• Work, leadership, and volunteer experience
• Extracurricular activities (clubs, sports, etc.)
• Academic awards or scholarships from high school and university
• Demonstration of English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL/IELTS)
• Additional useful information, if available, for example, languages (both foreign languages are spoken or proficiency in any programming languages), or special talents or interests.)
- If the host university has higher eligibility, we will follow the eligibility of the host university.
- Students who have previously participated/enrolled in any program from International Office UI are NOT eligible to join this program.
- In the recommendation letter, please indicate:
- The Outbound Exchange Scheme that your faculty supports and acknowledges. (only online or only offline or both online and offline schemes are supported and acknowledged)
- The student will not graduate from UI until the exchange program is completed.
- Academic credits earned from exchange programs abroad can be converted/transferred to UI.
For more information about the NUS Discovery program please open the file below: